Alberta Car Insurance & Vehicle Registration

Moving to Alberta?

When moving to Alberta, you need to do the following in order to get your Alberta driver license, car insurance, and registration. Please note that, typically, you only have 90 days to switch over your insurance, license and registration from the first day you move to Alberta.

  • Get Alberta car insurance
  • Change to an Alberta driver license
  • Register your vehicle

Getting Alberta Car Insurance

In Alberta, car insurance is competitive. Different insurance companies may have different rates and rules, so it is recommended that you contact a licensed insurance broker that can complete a detailed car insurance quote for you.

For general information, please click from the following list:

Moving from other provinces in Canada to Alberta:

Moving from other countries in the world to Alberta: